Sat, May 07|
The "Peg Leg" Howell BBQ & Blues Festival
Celebrate the legacy of Blues legend & Eatonton native "Peg Leg" Howell!
Time & Location
May 07, 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Eatonton, Eatonton, GA 31024, USA
About the event
You're invited to join the City of Eatonton for The "Peg Leg" Howell BBQ & Blues Festival! This event will be a full day of awesome blues music along with authentic BBQ. Bring your lawn chairs and coolers. The event will take place at the Eatonton City Center Stage, which is located behind Barrel 118, 118 N. Jefferson Avenue in Downtown Eatonton.
- Stan Butler and the 478 Band
- The Stonewall Willie Band
- Hughes Taylor
- Red Sugar Blues
- John Dunn and the Jazzman Band
Items allowed into the Festival area:
- Lawn Chairs
- Pets on Leashes
Items NOT allowed into the Festival area:
- No Tents/Canopies
- No Beach/Patio Umbrellas
- No Fireworks, sparklers, etc.
- No Laser Pointers
- No Golf Carts/Motorized Carts in the Festival area
- No Bicycles in the Festival area
- No Skateboards in the Festival area
- No Unauthorized Vending
- No Glass
- No Grills
About "Peg Leg" Howell:
- Joshua Barnes Howell, known as “Peg Leg” Howell was born in Eatonton, Georgia on March 5, 1888.
- At age 21, he taught himself how to play guitar.
- At age 35, he moved to Atlanta and played on the street corners mainly around Decatur Street.
- At age 38, he was recorded for the first time by Columbia Records. The song, “New Prison Blues,” was written while Howell was in prison. Also, the song was the first country blues record to be issued by Columbia Records.
- Howell died in Atlanta in 1966 at the age of 78.
Stan Butler & the 478 BandEatonton City Center Stage
The Stonewall Willie BandEatonton City Center Stage