Fri, Oct 01|
2021 Scarecrow Contest & Showcase
The annual Scarecrow Contest & Showcase that takes place in Downtown Eatonton.
Time & Location
Oct 01, 2021, 10:00 AM – Oct 31, 2021, 10:00 PM
Eatonton, Eatonton, GA 31024, USA
About the event
It's that time of year! Time for Scarecrows!
Here's what you need to know regarding voting...
- Voting for your favorite scarecrows takes place October 1-October 31. Winners will be announced via Facebook Live on November 1.
- You will be voting for your favorite scarecrow in the BUSINESS Category and your favorite scarecrow in the NON-BUSINESS (NB) Category.
- There are two ways that you can vote.
- You can vote outside of the Main Street office at City Hall with a paper ballot. There is no limit on the number of times that a person can vote via paper ballot.
- You can also vote by using the QR code that is on the orange sign located on each scarecrow. When you vote using the QR code, there is a limit of one vote per hour per IP address.
Be sure to read over the registration information very carefully.
- 2 categories of Scarecrows: There will be a category for businesses and a category for non-businesses (i.e. families, civic groups, schools, etc.).
- More than $1500 in cash & prizes for the winners: That's right! The winners of the business category will win FREE advertising. The winners of the non-business category will win a CASH prize.
- Entry Fee: There is an entry fee of $25 to be part of the contest. The entry fee will help pay for the advertising of the Scarecrow Contest, and it will also help pay for the cash prize for the winners of the non-business category.
- Voting by the Public: The winners will be voted on by the public. There will be two ways that the public can vote. There will be a QR code that the public can scan with their phones to vote for their favorite. The public will also be able to vote with paper ballots at City Hall and the Chamber of Commerce.
- Announcement of Winners: The announcement of the winners will be done live on the Eatonton Main Street Facebook page on November 1, 2021.