Thu, Oct 01|
Putnam County Courthouse
2020 Scarecrow Contest & Showcase
Scheduled from October 1 to October 31. This is open to any business, organization, club, family, group, etc.
Time & Location
Oct 01, 2020, 12:00 AM – Oct 31, 2020, 11:59 PM
Putnam County Courthouse, 100 S Jefferson Ave, Eatonton, GA 31024, USA
About the event
Presented by Smith Communications, Inc.
Hosted by Eatonton Main Street, Inc.
It's that time of year! Time for Scarecrows! This year's contest will be a little different than in the past. Be sure to read over the registration information very carefully.
Here's what's NEW this year:
- 2 categories of Scarecrows: There will be a category for businesses and a category for non-businesses (i.e. families, civic groups, schools, etc.).
- More than $1500 in cash & prizes for the winners: That's right! The winners of the business category will win FREE advertising from Smith Communications, Inc. The winners of the non-business category will win a CASH prize.
- Entry Fee: There is an entry fee of $25 to be part of the contest. The entry fee will help pay for the advertising of the Scarecrow Contest, and it will also help pay for the cash prize for the winners of the non-business category.
- Voting by the Public: The winners will be voted on by the public. There will be two ways that the public can vote. There will be a QR code that the public can scan with their phones to vote for their favorite. The public will also be able to vote with paper ballots at City Hall and the Chamber of Commerce.
- Announcement of Winners: The announcement of the winners will be done live on the Eatonton Main Street Facebook page on October 30, 2020.
Now that you know the highlights, download the registration form and pay your registration fee. Registration forms can also be picked up at the Eatonton Main Street Office, which is located inside City Hall. Registration ends September 23, 2020.
Eatonton Main Street would like to thank Smith Communications, Inc. and the Chamber of Commerce for their help with this year's Scarecrow Contest.